New York Benefits Center
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST
In 2014, BDT entered into a partnership with the City of New York Mayor’s Office, the Department of Social Services/Human Resources Administration, and the Robin Hood Foundation to help eligible older New York City residents enroll in SNAP and other benefits. In addition, BDT has expanded its partnership to assist New Yorkers of all ages enroll in SNAP.
- City of New York (Office of the Mayor)
- Department for the Aging
- NYC Department of Finance
- NYC Department of Social Services/Human Resources
- Robin Hood Foundation
Assistance with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is available to all individuals in New York City. Residents of New York City ages 60+ can receive support for all of the benefits listed below.
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) for heating assistance
- Medicare Extra Help / Low-Income Subsidy (LIS) for prescriptions
- Medicaid for the Disabled, Aged, and Blind (DAB) population
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps