Maryland Benefits Center
Established in 2012, the Maryland Benefits Center provides comprehensive benefits outreach and application assistance to help seniors apply for benefit programs that help them afford food, shelter, healthcare, and prescriptions. It also assists Marylanders in applying for the Food Supplement Program.
Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS), Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH), The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, The Abell Foundation, National Council on Aging, The David and Barbara Hirschhorn Foundation, Inc., Leonard and Helen R. Stulman Charitable Foundation, Inc.
Assistance with Food Supplement Program (FSP) is available to individuals of all ages statewide. Additional benefits support is available to seniors aged 50+.
- Food Supplement Program (FSP)
- Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP) energy assistance benefits
- Medicare Extra Help / Low-Income Subsidy (LIS) for prescriptions
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
- Medicaid (medical assistance)