Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a creative, compassionate UI/Web Developer who wants to apply their love for design and technology to positively affect the lives of others. As part of our User Experience team, the UI/Web Developer will be responsible for designing and building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications, including the BDT website. The UI/Web Developer will translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. The ideal candidate believes user-centered research and iterative testing is a necessary component of impactful design, that great design should be ubiquitous, and wants to use their skills to effect powerful, meaningful change.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the UI/Web Developer reports to the User Experience Manager.
- Collaborate on the development of UX/UI design deliverables, e.g., personas, journey maps, user flows, and interaction patterns
- Act as the front-end web developer for BDT’s website (bdtrust.org)
- Work with internal stakeholders to suggest and implement website improvements that will positively impact load times, SEO, and user experience
- Ensure all digital elements on the website are responsive across numerous screen-sizes and operating systems
- Monitor site performance and make updates to improve content and visuals when necessary
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Communicate design decisions to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure design integrity
- Influence graphic standards and maintain brand consistency through collaboration with the Communications Department on the improvement and maintenance of the company website
- Encourage and practice design thinking principles.
- 2+ years of experience working with HTML and CSS, front-end frameworks, and content management systems,g., WordPress
- Degree or 2+ years of work experience in User Interaction Design, User Experience Design or relevant field
- Knowledge of SEO principles and web analytics
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience conducting user research and testing a plus
- Attention to visual and user interaction details
- Proficiency in design and prototyping software like Adobe Suite, Sketch and InVision
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Team player with an ability to build relationships among peers
- Able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated constructive collaboration skills
- Capable of presenting positive contributions in standups, retrospectives, and design reviews
- Able to give and receive critical feedback
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Can provide a portfolio or work samples
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit organization that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. BDT employs 160 people in Philadelphia and provides benefit enrollment assistance to individuals and families in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, targeted outreach, policy change, and new technologies. Since its inception, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications on behalf of over 600,000 households, securing over $7 billion in benefits and services.
To apply for this position, click here.