Software Engineer, Application Reliability (ARE)
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is looking for a creative, compassionate Software Engineer who wants to apply their love for technology to positively affect the lives of others. The Software Engineer will build and maintain high-quality software solutions for users internally as well as clients externally. The Software Engineer will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to deliver software products that directly align with the company’s vision and strategy. The ideal candidate will have solid Ruby coding skills, be able to communicate new ideas, and have a passion for learning and implementing new technologies.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the Software Engineer reports to the Software Engineering Manager.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life-cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Experience in collaborative software development workflows (e.g., Github, Agile)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails 5, Bootstrap, MySQL, Kubernetes, Twilio, React.js preferred
- Ability to support automated testing frameworks (e.g., RSpec)
- Knowledge of Python, Elixir, or Go is a plus
- Ability to communicate across a range of audiences both technical and non-technical
- Willingness to learn and adapt to emerging technologies
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, technology, targeted outreach, and policy change. Since inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications – more than any other single entity in the country – securing over $7 billion in benefits and services. BDT employs more than 170 people and provides enrollment assistance to individuals in six states, and policy assistance to states nationwide. For more information, visit bdtrust.org.
To apply for this position, click here.