Software Engineer, Interactions
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is looking for a creative, compassionate Software Engineer who wants to apply their love for design and technology to positively affect the lives of others. The Software Engineer will build and maintain high-quality software solutions. The Software Engineer will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to deliver software products that directly align with the company’s vision and strategy. The ideal candidate will have solid coding skills, be able to communicate new ideas, and have a passion for new technologies.
As a member of the Interactions team, the Software Engineer will create new applications in line with our product vision and organizational goals in addition to creating new solutions for existing applications. Focused on front-end technologies by using modern approaches and building tools, the Interactions team builds applications using ReactJS, Redux, HTML5, CSS3, JSON APIs, and cloud-based services. The Software Engineer transitions all products towards small, reliable services with an eye towards mobility and usability. The Software Engineer builds the tools others engage with to create smarter ways of delivering benefits and services.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the Software Engineer, Interactions reports to the Software Engineering Manager, Interactions.
- Build applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Work closely with stakeholders in the organization to turn business requirements into responsive, accessible, progressive web applications
- Participate in requirements gathering and reviews and provide feedback to clarify requirements
- Ability to build products both independently and collaboratively with peers to meet requirements and deadlines
- Accelerate the Development Cycle by automating tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Engage teammates in productive ideation sessions
- Review and debug code
- Ensure lasting results by documenting development phases and monitoring systems
- Write automated tests which prove the accuracy of later changes
- Proven programming ability and experience required
- Extensive knowledge of ReactJS & Redux Library
- Solid understanding of responsive design and web accessibility
- Knowledge of UI security issues and best practices to prevent vulnerabilities
- Proficiency using Git commands
- Experience with one or more Automated UI testing frameworks like Jest, Karma, Selenium, Jasmine is desired
- Experience collaborating with technical and non-technical colleagues to develop solutions to meet business needs
- Deployment to cloud services (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure) along with familiarity specifically with GCP environment or Kubernetes
- Previous work with JSON API, REST, or GraphQL Standards desired.
- Present positive contributions in standups, retrospectives, and code reviews
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, technology, targeted outreach, and policy change. Since inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications – more than any other single entity in the country – securing over $7 billion in benefits and services. BDT employs more than 170 people and provides enrollment assistance to individuals in six states, and policy assistance to states nationwide. For more information, visit bdtrust.org.
To apply for this position, click here.