Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Project Manager to oversee the coordination and successful execution of projects that deliver smarter ways to access essential benefits and services, so people can live healthier, more independent lives. The Project Manager will be responsible for designing organizational standards for project management and reporting and for ensuring that BDT projects operate effectively and efficiently. The Project Manager will supervise a team of Project Coordinators tasked with planning and implementing projects on time, within budget, and within scope. The Project Manager will lead coordination across departments to ensure all aspects of each project are aligned, fulfill contract and budget requirements, and set BDT up for continued excellence in project delivery.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the Project Manager reports to the Director of Projects.
- Supervise Project Coordinators charged with setting up and managing timelines for projects from inception through delivery, state plan activities, and departmental goals
- Standardize organization-wide project management resources using Wrike in collaboration with the Manager of Organizational Effectiveness, Contact Center Operations Manager, and Technical Program Manager to ensure operational excellence
- Develop standards for Looker (our business intelligence tool) dashboards to ensure accuracy of goal progress and external reports
- Inform funding proposals for existing services and products by assessing the feasibility to meet goals within desired timelines and budgets; provide relevant consultation for Development, Chiefs, and Strategy teams in the evolution of new products, contracts, and/or services
- Collaborate with the Logistics Analyst to ensure projects are on track to meet goals on time and within budget; align internal stakeholders and Partnerships team on any necessary course corrections
- Oversee communication of project changes, goal progress, and other status updates to internal stakeholders; ensure internal departments and team members have the necessary information to deliver on tasks
- Supervise Project Coordinators by providing training, professional development opportunities, setting clear expectations, and checking in regularly
- Stay abreast of and engage with cross-sector entities demonstrating best practices related to project management and provide opportunity updates to leadership
- Engage in annual organizational and departmental goal-setting and conduct ongoing assessment of goal progress
- At least five years of proven project management experience
- Experience leading project teams of various sizes and seeing projects through from inception to completion
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle and experience implementing agile frameworks and lean practices a plus
- Excellent communication skills, including facilitating interactions between staff members with varied responsibilities and backgrounds
- Experience using project management software (e.g., Wrike, Jira)
- Knowledge of public benefit programs and public policy is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience required
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit organization that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. BDT employs 160 people in Philadelphia and provides benefit enrollment assistance to individuals and families in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, targeted outreach, policy change, and new technologies. Since its inception, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications on behalf of over 600,000 households, securing over $7 billion in benefits and services.
To apply for this position, click here.