Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is seeking an Outreach Analyst to use data analysis and insights from behavioral research to continually increase the effectiveness of our targeted outreach to people eligible for assistance paying for food, health care, housing and other essential benefits and services. The Outreach Analyst will work with government partners, outside experts, and internal stakeholders to develop behaviorally-informed communication strategies to engage low-income individuals throughout the application screening and enrollment process for benefits, such as SNAP and Medicaid. The Outreach Analyst will evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies and make informed and creative improvements. BDT intends to use machine learning to tailor messages to specific audiences, further enhancing outcomes. While the role will initially focus on interactive texting strategies to support clients through the application and enrollment process, it will likely expand to additional media, such as direct mail, email, robo-calls, and live phone calls.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is attentive to detail, able to work independently, and comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders regularly. Ideal candidates thrive in a fast-paced environment where they have the opportunity to learn, be creative, and have a significant social and economic impact. The role is a blend of marketing and analytics with a focus on improving the lives of low-income families and individuals.
- Develop behaviorally-informed engagement plans (e.g., content and timing) designed to help individuals complete necessary steps to enroll in public benefits.
- Gather insights from key experts regarding specific target populations (e.g., SNAP applicants) and application procedures to inform engagement plans.
- Build flowcharts detailing the order, content, and timing of messages to be delivered.
- Utilize internal business intelligence software (Looker) to develop dashboards to monitor program implementation and progress to goals.
- Develop data-driven recommendations for program improvements and prepare memos to disseminate findings.
- Inform new proposals by conducting initial research into application procedures and estimating the time to develop engagement plans for nudges.
- Write blogs and prepare presentations on significant outreach insights and outcomes for delivery internally and externally at meetings and conferences.
- At least 2 years of behavioral research experience and/or 2 years of relevant experience in analytics/ measurement
- Experience with Excel required; experience with Looker or other business intelligence software and/or statistical software a plus
- Proven project management and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and must be able to discuss technical concepts to individuals in common language
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects and meeting tight timelines
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit organization that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. BDT employs 160 people in Philadelphia and provides benefit enrollment assistance to individuals and families in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, targeted outreach, policy change, and new technologies. Since its inception, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications on behalf of over 600,000 households, securing over $7 billion in benefits and services.
To apply for this position, click here.