Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is seeking a Logistics Analyst to optimize its multi-channel outreach to people eligible for assistance paying for food, health care, housing, and other essential benefits and services. The Logistics Analyst will work with internal stakeholders to develop demand forecasts to inform the scheduling and volume of multi-channel outreach to clients that align with contact center staff resources and contract deliverables. Additionally, this role will work with members of the data science team to refine existing business intelligence dashboards to measure and communicate resource alignment. This role will play a critical role in developing and overseeing the implementation of both the tools and processes that enable scalable growth and impact.
This is a great opportunity for a business professional who is inspired by the opportunity to optimize social impact. Successful candidates will be attentive to detail, able to work independently, and comfortable communicating with cross-functional teams of internal stakeholders regularly. The role is a blend of business logistics and analytics with a focus on improving the lives of low-income families and individuals.
- Inform program budgets with historic trends in outreach performance and application assistance.
- Translate annualcontract deliverables and the associated budgets into an actionable weekly outreach plan to inform operational planning and implementation.
- Develop and maintain demand forecast that enables the organization to understand the relationship and timing between outreach activities and contact center call volume.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with BDT’s contact center, finance, data science, and program staff regarding the logistics of outreach activity, and maintain positive working relationships with key outreach vendors.
- Develop an understanding of internal stakeholder needs and take actions to ensure they are considered during operational planning.
- Stay informed of logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve logistics processes.
- Create and update statistical data, reports and charts to identify bottlenecks, call-volume, resource allocation, and response rates to meet goals.
- Work with data analysts to identify missing data points and reports to effectively manage operational deliverables (from outreach to intake to resource allocation).
- Develop the tools and routines necessary to maintain all aspects of the outreach and response life cycle.
- Develop and implement technical project management tools such as plans, schedules, and responsibility and compliance matrices.
- Direct cross-departmental team activities by establishing task priorities, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensuring the availability of resources.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Capacity to Utilize Technology to Streamline Business Processes
- Strategic Thinking
- Alignment with Organizational Mission
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with a focus in project management, supply chain, or logistics preferred; or equivalent work experience required.
- At least three years of experience in logistics projects and/or demand planning
- Project management experience
- Prior knowledge of call center operations is a plus
- Experience with Looker or other business intelligence software, SQL experience is a plus
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit organization that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. BDT employs 160 people in Philadelphia and provides benefit enrollment assistance to individuals and families in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, targeted outreach, policy change, and new technologies. Since its inception, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications on behalf of over 600,000 households, securing over $7 billion in benefits and services.
To apply for this position, click here.