Healthcare Engagement Manager
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Healthcare Engagement Manager to expand its revenue stream and business line in healthcare. As the healthcare sector shifts from fee for service to fee for value, risk-bearing healthcare entities are looking to invest in strategies that address the social determinants of health (SDoH), improve health, and lower healthcare costs. BDT has developed a scalable, tested, efficient outreach and enrollment model that helps people meet their most basic needs and lays the foundation for better health. The Healthcare Engagement Manager will refine BDT’s go-to-market strategy, cultivate, engage, and maintain relationships with key healthcare partners, and secure contracts with diverse healthcare entities. This position report to the Director of Development.
- Represent BDT to healthcare payers and key industry stakeholders: serve as primary contact with health insurers for the development of new products, promotion of BDT services, contract execution, and partnership development
- Grow the SDoH revenue stream for the organization, and manage a pipeline of business development opportunities
- Continually refine business strategy through ongoing analysis of developing trends in the SDoH space
- Serve as SDoH ambassador across the health and human services dialogue
- Work closely with clients to determine project requirements and oversee all scheduling of necessary interactions to comprehend the client’s business goals, products, and expectations
- Formulate the client’s business objectives and communicate with the team members accordingly
- Work with strategy, policy, finance, and data science teams inside BDT to craft proposals that are innovative, sound, and viable
- Work with program team inside BDT to ensure good implementation and operation of approved contracts—and to maximize opportunities for contract renewal
- Gather and react to market feedback and work with the rest of the management team to refine the solution, as necessary
- Identify, prepare proposals for, and close on opportunities for additional project work
- Actively seek out potential clients and actively build networks of clients by social media, attending seminars, and conferences or referrals
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience required
- Three (3) years of work experience focused on sales, networking, business development, consulting and/or strategic partnerships in a healthcare setting
- Understanding of managed care programs and healthcare payment system is required; familiarity with value-based and at-risk payment models preferred
- Knowledge of managed care insurance practices, contracts, monitoring, and compliance is desired
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships on all levels within the organization, managed care companies, and other affiliated partners
- Some experience in building relationships with and presenting to executives and in engaging executives in strategic discussions and planning activities
- Solid analytical aptitude and effective project management skills
- Must have comfort with ambiguity and ability to work horizontally and vertically inside and outside the organization to shepherd contracts to execution and implementation
- Ability to prepare sector specific material, write proposals, and prepare pitch decks; excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and non-verbal
- Must be able to manage a complex portfolio of projects and prospects amid competing deadlines
- Travel as needed
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national not-for-profit organization committed to transforming how individuals in need access essential benefits and services. BDT envisions an efficient, cost-effective health and human services system that proactively connects individuals and families to the supports they need so that people are healthier and more economically secure, and communities are stronger. Through direct service delivery and systems change, BDT works to improve health, social, and economic outcomes and streamline the benefits enrollment process.
BDT employs 160 employees in Philadelphia, and provides enrollment assistance in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 650,000 benefits applications for low-income households across the country, securing over $7 billion in benefits for food, healthcare, housing and other services that help move individuals and families toward financial stability. BDT now submits more benefit applications each year than any other entity in the nation. Research and evaluations have found BDT’s targeted outreach and enrollment assistance to be highly cost-effective. BDT also works with government agencies to assist them in adopting policies and practices proven to streamline benefits enrollment, and BDT partners with leading researchers to document the impact of benefits access and cost-effective outreach and enrollment strategies.
To apply for this position, click here.