Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks an Executive Assistant who will be the supportive force that empowers our senior leadership. The Executive Assistant manages a variety of duties while serving as the point of contact between executives, employees and external stakeholders. The position demands great communication skills, flexibility, proactive logistics, and efficiency, with demands and expectations prone to changing on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, we rely on our assistants for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations.
The Executive Assistant reports to the CEO.
- With a primary responsibility of supporting the CEO, provide support to the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for CEO, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics
- Manage, coordinate, and arrange senior executives’ travel and travel-related activities, including hotel booking, transportation, and meal coordination
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to senior executives
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating annual corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities
- Perform administrative and office support, such as typing, dictation, spreadsheet creation, faxing, and maintenance of filing system and contact database
- Manage communication between upper management and employees, liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the senior executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or similar field
- 4 years’ experience in administrative role reporting directly to upper management
- Superb scheduling coordination
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national not-for-profit organization committed to transforming how individuals in need access essential benefits and services. BDT envisions an efficient, cost-effective health and human services system that proactively connects individuals and families to the supports they need so that people are healthier and more economically secure, and communities are stronger. Through direct service delivery and systems change, BDT works to improve health, social, and economic outcomes and streamline the benefits enrollment process.
BDT employs 160 employees in Philadelphia, and provides enrollment assistance in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 650,000 benefits applications for low-income households across the country, securing over $7 billion in benefits for food, healthcare, housing and other services that help move individuals and families toward financial stability. BDT now submits more benefit applications each year than any other entity in the nation. Research and evaluations have found BDT’s targeted outreach and enrollment assistance to be highly cost-effective. BDT also works with government agencies to assist them in adopting policies and practices proven to streamline benefits enrollment, and BDT partners with leading researchers to document the impact of benefits access and cost-effective outreach and enrollment strategies.
To apply for this position, click here.