Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is seeking a Development Manager who can manage the day-to-day development activities for our organization.
The Development Manager will engage in diverse and proven development strategies to help BDT scale its impact. The Development Manager will work with the Development team to identify and secure funding for the organization, its main strategic priorities and the programs that it implements across the country. The Manager will work to secure funding from foundations, government contracts, and major gifts.
- Manage development activities, including prospecting, relationship cultivation, as well as proposal research, writing, submission and reporting.
- Write grant applications to foundations, corporation and government agencies.
- Oversee Salesforce, BDT’s relationship management database.
- Work in close collaboration with program staff to co-create and turn ideas and opportunities into clear and concise proposals.
- Maintain existing funding by ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing funders.
- Design and orchestrate BDT’s major donor gifts program.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with potential donors, including foundations, corporations, and individuals.
- Work closely with the Development team to articulate and execute departmental goals and key milestones.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree in related field is a plus.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years experience in development, including corporate and foundation relations, major donor solicitation and successful proposal writing.
- Proven track record in fundraising.
- Team player who can manage the process of co-creation through to a finished product.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A self-starter and hard-worker.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Some weekends and evening required; some travel required.
- Ability to manage to deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player and have a sense of humor.
- Health and human services experience a plus.
- Salesforce knowledge a plus.
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national not-for-profit organization committed to transforming how individuals in need access essential benefits and services. BDT envisions an efficient, cost-effective health and human services system that proactively connects individuals and families to the supports they need so that people are healthier and more economically secure, and communities are stronger. Through direct service delivery and systems change, BDT works to improve health, social, and economic outcomes and streamline the benefits enrollment process.
BDT employs 160 employees in Philadelphia, and provides enrollment assistance in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 650,000 benefits applications for low-income households across the country, securing over $7 billion in benefits for food, healthcare, housing and other services that help move individuals and families toward financial stability. BDT now submits more benefit applications each year than any other entity in the nation. Research and evaluations have found BDT’s targeted outreach and enrollment assistance to be highly cost-effective. BDT also works with government agencies to assist them in adopting policies and practices proven to streamline benefits enrollment, and BDT partners with leading researchers to document the impact of benefits access and cost-effective outreach and enrollment strategies.
To apply for this position, click here.