Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Development Coordinator who will manage fundraising operations, focusing on securing new commitments and donors. Primary responsibilities will include new business pipeline management, prospect research, proposal and report writing, donor database management, and general departmental and project coordination. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Officer.
New Business Pipeline Management
- Ensure efficient coordination of new business activities, including internal stakeholder meetings, prospect site visits, and prospect cultivation interactions
- Ensure that new business prospects, cultivation activities and related records are accurately reflected in the donor management database (Salesforce) in real-time
- Ensure all active prospects are qualified by filtering new leads through the organization’s stated priorities
- Provide detailed, relevant research about qualified prospects, including recommendations for best approaches and social connections
- Stay current on industry trends, new opportunities, and changes to relevant donor priorities as related to the organization’s fundraising strategies
- Standardize prospect research functionality, including deliverables, timelines, and use of external tools
Proposal & Report Writing
- Manage the annual calendar of new business proposals and reports to meet all deadlines with adequate time for drafting, review, and editing
- Manage writing projects for prospects and new donors, including drafting and editing, stakeholder review, and submission
- Draft proposals, reports, letters of intent and concept notes in alignment with funder guidelines and BDT’s priorities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years of business development experience with an emphasis on written projects
Essential skills and abilities
- Communications: Superior verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated attention to detail; ability to communicate with diverse groups of people
- Technology: High level of proficiency in MS Office 2007 (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); experience with Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool strongly preferred
- Must possess creativity, a strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, project management skills, and a sense of humor
- Must have the ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams, manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize assignments, and work independently
- Ability to change course quickly, adapt to new challenges, and deal with sometimes ambiguous circumstances
- Familiarity with public benefits is a plus
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national not-for-profit organization committed to transforming how individuals in need access essential benefits and services. BDT envisions an efficient, cost-effective health and human services system that proactively connects individuals and families to the supports they need so that people are healthier and more economically secure, and communities are stronger. Through direct service delivery and systems change, BDT works to improve health, social, and economic outcomes and streamline the benefits enrollment process.
BDT employs 160 employees in Philadelphia, and provides enrollment assistance in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 650,000 benefits applications for low-income households across the country, securing over $7 billion in benefits for food, healthcare, housing and other services that help move individuals and families toward financial stability. BDT now submits more benefit applications each year than any other entity in the nation. Research and evaluations have found BDT’s targeted outreach and enrollment assistance to be highly cost-effective. BDT also works with government agencies to assist them in adopting policies and practices proven to streamline benefits enrollment, and BDT partners with leading researchers to document the impact of benefits access and cost-effective outreach and enrollment strategies.
To apply for this position, click here.