Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is seeking an experienced Analytics Manager who likes to dig deep and understand how our work impacts our clients’ lives. We’re looking for the best and brightest talents to help us develop and implement a rigorous evaluation model to determine the best possible way for BDT to help people in need get access to essential benefits and services. You’ll be working in one of the most innovative non-profit organization in the country surrounded by passionate, high-performing individuals.
- Development and Implement rigorous evaluations to determine the effectiveness of BDT’s programs, products, and processes
- Collaborate with staff across BDT’s business functions to uncover important questions and challenges
- Work with the Senior Data Scientist and engineers to identify the datasets and methodology needed to answer these questions;
- Supervise a team of Analysts to provide dashboards, evaluation reports, and information papers
- This role will also be responsible for representing the organization at meetups and conferences within the “Data for Good” community, highlighting both our organizational impact as well as best practices for harnessing data science within the non-profit sector
- Some experience writing reusable code exploring, visualizing, and analyzing data (SQL and Python preferred)
- Strong statistical skills and experience implementing quantitative research in a social science setting
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills, a detail-oriented personality, and a collaborative spirit
- Experience supervising a team of data analysts as well as promoting organizational data literacy and democratization
- A knack for extracting clear research questions, documenting and implementing formal evaluation plans, a commitment to rigorous evaluation practices, and a passion for uncovering impact
- Expertise in presenting quantitative information and concepts to a non-quantitative audience
- Excited by the idea of mentoring team members and promoting a culture of data literacy across the organization
- A commitment to being attentive, persistent, and flexible while remaining conscious and protective of the integrity and purpose of our organization
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ work experience in a quantitative field required
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit organization that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. BDT employs 160 people in Philadelphia and provides benefit enrollment assistance to individuals and families in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, targeted outreach, policy change, and new technologies. Since its inception, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications on behalf of over 600,000 households, securing over $7 billion in benefits and services.
To apply for this position, click here.