Lead Software Engineer
BDT, a rapidly growing, national not-for-profit organization, is committed to transforming how people in need access public benefits. Located in Center City Philadelphia, our diverse and socially conscious staff enjoys a casual and productive work environment and most of all making a difference.
Our engineering team is friendly and highly collaborative, so we want you to be too. We like reasonable, opinionated people and expect friendly sparing about best coding practices in meetings and around the office. All voices are heard, but loyalty to decisions is expected. Our working environment is fun, caring, and relaxed while our work is passionate, serious, and professional.
The Lead Software Engineer position is an opportunity to make a vast impact by simplifying the tasks of co-workers continually and by aiding the needs of people across the country systematically.
This is a senior position within our Engineering department. Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate ways they have mentored other engineers and architected solutions to complex problems. We are looking for an experienced engineer who can share this knowledge effectively with others.
The Lead Software Engineer will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
- Proactively seek out and complete features in a reasonably scheduled time;
- Pair with other developers to troubleshoot, refactor, and help/learn;
- Provide constructive code reviews of pull requests;
- Write effective tests proving accuracy of code;
- Communicate to fellow team members the reasons why choosing approaches to solutions.
- 5+ years developing browser-based software applications;
- Familiarity with data engineering and backend data processing;
- Proficiency in another programming languages a plus, like Python, Elixir, or Go;
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, a detail-oriented personality, a collaborative spirit, and a love for technology that will ultimately impact the lives of others;
- Experience in other aspects of web development like graphics, video, writing, server admin, database optimization, and or deployment automation is a plus.
- Comfortable working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and understand different services that GCP offers.
- College degree – especially in a CS-related field is a plus.
To apply for this position, click here.