Help Desk Specialist
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a not-for-profit social change organization committed to transforming how individuals in need access public benefits and services. Through its innovative Service Delivery Model, BDT seeks to improve the lives of vulnerable individuals, the systems they navigate, and the communities in which they live. BDT infuses over $135 million into the homes of low-income individuals every year, allowing them to buy food, heat their homes, and afford healthcare.
- Provide prompt technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, servers, software, hardware, copiers, phones, and audio-video systems
- Utilize help desk software by updating tickets and logging details & action items for future reference
- Re-assign help desk tickets to other departments or escalate where appropriate
- Respond to queries in person, over the phone and via email. Ask questions to determine nature of problem or need
- Walk users through problem-solving process, seeing problem through to resolution
- Assist in training our end users
- Write & update training manuals, instructions, technical documentation and keep databases up to date and accurate
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software & peripherals. Utilize diagnostic tools to resolve issues
- Set up user accounts in Active Directory as well as other systems
- Assist in resolving technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Wireless networks, and other network related systems
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements
- Work with IT Manager in the procurement of hardware, software, and supplies
- Additional duties as assigned
- At least 1 year experience in providing help desk support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as client-facing skills
- Strong research skills
- Detail oriented, attention to accuracy is extremely important
- Working knowledge of help desk ticketing systems and remote control utilities
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- A friendly demeanor, patience and excellent customer service is a must for this role
- Should have a desire to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced environment performing various IT related tasks
- Experience with Active Directory, Backup software, VoIP phones or VMWare is a plus
- Any certifications or degrees related to IT support are a plus
- Knowledge of Windows & Mac Operating Systems as well as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to lift 50lbs and sit or stand for long periods
- Weekend or night work is rare, but may be required due to upgrades/emergencies
The Help Desk Specialist reports to the Manager of Information Technology.
Benefits Data Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a supportive work environment and excellent benefits. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to the given email address. No phone calls please. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen and provide three professional references.
Thank you for your interest in Benefits Data Trust. We look forward to meeting you!
To apply for this position, click here.